ArcGIS Desktop- Land Record Mapping

01-24-2022 12:21 PM
Labels (1)
CaitlinChristenson
New Contributor II

I am trying to draw out a parcel.  The legal description has it written as: thence by an angle right of 34 degrees 42 minutes a distance of 351.3 feet and thence by an right angle of 145 degrees 18 minutes. I am wondering, how I go about drawing this out? Do I use deflection angle? Do I have to modify these some how? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would check out the Traverse tool in the Modify Features toolbox. Makes it very easy to draw up most parcel descriptions. They way that text reads, I would assume it's a deflected angle, but it's not clear if that's meant to deflect from the previous segment (a "lookback" deflection) or from the prolongation of the previous segment.

In other words, is it "create a 145 degree angle from the last course" or "turn 145 degrees". But the nice thing is that the Traverse tool allows you to update the entered bearings and distances to see the entire shape adjust accordingly.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
CaitlinChristenson
New Contributor II

Thank you! I will check that out usually I use COGO. It doesn't say anything like that going off of the previous one just "angle right." I assume its off of the previous one though.

0 Kudos