Select to view content in your preferred language

Need to be able to identify the Living Atlas ACS Vintage

Jump to solution
12-06-2022 12:26 PM
MelanieNeedle
Occasional Contributor

Thank you ESRI Staff for providing ACS Living Atlas data!  Is there a way to identify the vintage of the ACS data? This is an important consideration to data users so they can cite which version of the estimates are being used and can trust that they are using the most current version.  Perhaps adding an attribute indicating " 2021 ACS 5-Year Estimate" would be one way for this to happen or consider indicating the vintage in the pop-up.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DianaLavery1
Esri Contributor
Hi Melanie,
Thanks. The Item Pages of each of the layers have the vintage. For example, this layer of Median Age (https://arcg.is/1OzP4K) says "Current Vintage: 2016-2020." When the Census Bureau releases the 2017-2021 data (on Thursday!) these layers will be updated within a week or so of the Census release, and the "Current Vintage" on the Item Pages will reflect that.
Interesting idea to put it in the pop-up, I will take this to my team and think about ways to implement this.
-Diana

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DianaLavery1
Esri Contributor
Hi Melanie,
Thanks. The Item Pages of each of the layers have the vintage. For example, this layer of Median Age (https://arcg.is/1OzP4K) says "Current Vintage: 2016-2020." When the Census Bureau releases the 2017-2021 data (on Thursday!) these layers will be updated within a week or so of the Census release, and the "Current Vintage" on the Item Pages will reflect that.
Interesting idea to put it in the pop-up, I will take this to my team and think about ways to implement this.
-Diana
MelanieNeedle
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response. The data on the Item page is helpful to GIS users but not to casual users of a map viewer. The casual map viewer user needs to be able to understand the vintage of the data being mapped. 

0 Kudos