Living Atlas layer color blind safe

Jump to solution
01-31-2018 08:47 AM
MichaelCamponovo1
New Contributor II

Any chance someone at ESRI could update the green shades in the 2016 - 2021 USA Population Growth Living Atlas Layer to something color blind safe? We tried to use this in a high school lesson this week and one student was unable to distinguish between the different green shades.

Thanks - MC

Also posting this in the Accessibility group.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TamaraGrant1
Occasional Contributor III

Michael,

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. There are multiple considerations that go into the color choices of our maps and layers, color-blindness being one of them. With that being said, there are different types of color-blindness and unfortunately we can't account for all of them. I reported your feedback to the appropriate team and they will look into improving the colors for future updates.

Thank you,

Tamara

Tamara Grant | ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World

Esri | 380 New York Street | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA

Work 909-793-2853, ext. 5028 | Cell 814-442-0579 | tgrant@esri.com | www.esri.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TamaraGrant1
Occasional Contributor III

Michael,

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. There are multiple considerations that go into the color choices of our maps and layers, color-blindness being one of them. With that being said, there are different types of color-blindness and unfortunately we can't account for all of them. I reported your feedback to the appropriate team and they will look into improving the colors for future updates.

Thank you,

Tamara

Tamara Grant | ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World

Esri | 380 New York Street | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA

Work 909-793-2853, ext. 5028 | Cell 814-442-0579 | tgrant@esri.com | www.esri.com

0 Kudos
MichaelCamponovo1
New Contributor II

Tamara - Thanks for looking into this.

MC

0 Kudos