Select to view content in your preferred language

New U.S. Vessel Traffic app released

02-16-2021 10:57 AM
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 4 485

The Living Atlas U.S. Vessel Traffic application is a new and fun tool that lets you explore the paths of vessels in and around U.S. waters, look for patterns and trends by time, vessel type, and place, and it provides a simple and efficient way to download manageable-sized, area-specific, excerpts. 

Open the app

More information

4 Comments
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor

Hi @BernSzukalski - it seems like the vessel traffic data being curated by Esri has stopped at May 2020 - this is for the app, but also data in the Vessel Traffic group. Is this something Esri plans on picking back up again, or should we expect to not have more recent data backfilled?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Jay_Gregory .  Thanks for reaching out.  We are taking some of the user-feedback and making some revisions to the vessel-traffic app.  We have the data processed and I can share those links if you are just after the data (through 2022).  Is there an area in particular or date range?  Feel free to email me kvangraafeiland@esri.com

Thanks again.

Regards,

Keith

Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor

Thanks @Anonymous User - I will reach out to you directly if needed - good to know it will be made available in the future.  

JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

For record keeping: 05-25-2023 09:46 AM post by AnonymousUser belongs to @Keith-VanGraafeiland

About the Author
Esri technical evangelist and product advocate. On a good day I'm making a map. On a great day I'm on one. https://www.linkedin.com/in/bernszukalski/ bszukalski@esri.com