Select to view content in your preferred language

When will support for loading 3D tiles data?

07-28-2023 12:33 AM
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, does anyone know if there are plans for ArcGIS JavaScript API to support loading 3D tiles data? If there are plans, approximately which version will it be supported in? Thank you!

13 Replies
dani
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Currently the JavaScript Maps SDK only supports 3D Tiles data with jpg and png textures, so that could be the reason that some of your meshes may not be showing up. Thanks for pointing this out; we will add this limitation to the documentation.

0 Kudos
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. As far as I know, ArcGIS Pro will support the KTX2 format for 3D tiles data later this year. I would like to ask if the ArcGIS JavaScript API plans to support the KTX2 format for 3D tiles data, and if so, when approximately will this support be available? Thank you!

0 Kudos
dani
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

KTX2 support is being considered for a future improvement in the JavaScript Maps SDK, but we're not currently able to provide an expected time frame. I've made a note of your request, however, which helps us with our prioritization. Thank you! 

As far as I know, the same applies to ArcGIS Pro. I think KTX2 support - for 3D Tiles specifically - is being considered but there is no official time frame for it to be available. 

0 Kudos
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi @dani 

Sure, thank you. Looking forward to it!

0 Kudos