Select to view content in your preferred language

Missing tiles

08-30-2022 12:14 AM
GBrin
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi, guys.

Am I the only one having problems with missing tiles recently?

My teammate and I are facing a lot of missing tiles when we are developing with your javascript API.
We thought that the issue was on our side so we did some investigation, but after comparing our map and the one in the sample in your documentation or ArcGIS online we found that we have the same issue.

Moreover, if we inspect the browser network console. In some requests, we find this error message.
error Object { code: 404, message: "Server not found.", details: null }

We thought we could implement a retry system but the missing tile could be unavailable for days or weeks. So it makes no sense on our side to spam you.

Do you have server issues ?
or may I miss something in the documentation about this?
should we create a cache system?
is the dev licenses as tiles restriction?

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GBrin, I haven't seen this missing tiles issue before. Are you able to capture a screen recording of this behavior? Or a series of screenshots? With a reproducible test app would be great.

0 Kudos
GBrin
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi,
Actually, the missing tiles bugs are a bit random, this morning we had issues on Paris, London Warsaw, and Lyon but they seem okay now. I'm feeling like I'm going crazy 😭.

However, I found some missing tiles in Tokyo

GBrin_0-1661873812252.png

on the north of italy

GBrin_1-1661873954229.png

0 Kudos
GBrin
by
Emerging Contributor

I found some missing tiles on Paris and you can see that every time we get an error

0 Kudos
RSies
by
New Contributor

Hello there,

I also have this kind of issues as you can see in the attached video. This is quite an inconvenience since it happens randomly as well.

Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @GBrin and @RSies. I think the best way to get this resolved, if one of you has the ability to contact Esri Support, would be to log an issue with Support for ArcGIS Online: https://support.esri.com/en

0 Kudos