Select to view content in your preferred language

List of cookies set by ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript

a week ago
MappyIan
Frequent Contributor

We're developing a web app using the latest ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript and need to provide information on the cookies used by app (we're in the UK where it's a legal requirement to provide cookie information).  Despite spending ages trying to find an official list of all the cookies used by the ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript, I can't find anything at all.  From looking at our app, it only appears to be using two cookies: esri_aopc and esri_locale:

MappyIan_1-1725534209384.png

I can't find any information on what these two cookies are used for and how long they persist.  Does such a list exist somewhere?  Is anyone able to provide any more information on the cookies used by the ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

As far as I know those are two cookies by arcgis.com backend at the time of signinig in - 

1. esri_aopc cookie - it is encrypted and for backend to manage session, Not available to the clients .
  2. esri_locale - set by backend for client app to use for preventing duplicate loading of localized resources.

You can test on your own web server without using our CDN to verify this.

0 Kudos
MappyIan
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me @UndralBatsukh.  Is this documented anywhere official?

0 Kudos