Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a better expanation of how to utilize the OAuth2 samples?

10-07-2014 02:26 PM
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I want to use OAuth2 to give authenticated users access to feature layers in my ArcGIS.com portal. I've looked at the OAuth samples and I've been having some difficulty in figuring out how to use it properly. It would be helpful if there was an explanation of what the oauth_callback.html file does and how it works with the index.html, the script shown on the sample page. I was getting errors when trying to register the script in ArcGIS.com and had to call Support, who were stumped for quite a while also. They finally figured out that oauth_callback.html is what you have to register in ArcGIS.com.

Redirect_URI.PNG

By the way, the oauth_callback.html file in the zipped download files for both OAuth samples still contain references to 3.10, even though the live sample and sandbox pages use 3.11

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ken, I looked at the zipped download files but I couldn't spot any references to 3.10.  Where exactly do you see that?

Nevermind, see my next comment...

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Nevermind - it's fine in the "big" SDK download, but the zip files for "Download this sample" wasn't updated for the 3.11 release.  We'll get that fixed.

0 Kudos