Select to view content in your preferred language

Help With a Bivariate Choropleth Map Extent larger than LOD will allow.

01-05-2024 06:47 AM
CedricCorbett
New Contributor II

Hello, I am new to ArcGIS and I am trying to create a feature layer for the US with the LOD of block level. I have the bivariate feature layer available for counties but cannot get the block level feature layer to export on the map image when navigating outside of the original set map extent. Is it possible to create a bivariate extent of the US with the LOD of block level? Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CedricCorbett, thanks for posting your question here. I'm not sure if I'm tracking with the issue, but it sounds like there are 2 FeatureLayers, one at the county level and one at the block level. It sounds like they are being consumed as a MapImageLayer? And the block level FeatureLayer does not display outside of the extent/LOD that is was published in (can check extent and LOD from the REST endpoint)?

If you could provide a simple reproducible test case on something like CodePen, that would make it easier to figure out what's occurring. 

0 Kudos
CedricCorbett
New Contributor II

@Noah-Sager Hey Noah! Thanks for the response. I do not have a reproducible code yet, its my understanding that you need to first have the feature layer or service configured to access the ID. I am looking at the <analysis service> URL end point to render the block group analysis on every pull. Is this the best way to do it or are you aware of a way to configure a feature layer at the National Scale that can dynamically change the LOD based on the extent.

0 Kudos