Geocode Server is now throwing a 500 error

333
1
Jump to solution
03-24-2023 10:53 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I have a relatively simple editing app built on the 4.x API on one of our internal servers which incorporates the Search widget using one of our own geocode server instances and it has worked fine. Recently, our IT replaced the geocode server service and so I updated my Search widget to point to it.

I couldn't get a single successful result and then when I looked at the console, I see that it's now throwing a 500 error. Any suggestions on where to look for why this is? The JS application code is on a different server than where the geocode server is hosted but I'm not seeing any explicit CORS error.

I saw some suggestions about the Web Adaptor (thread here). We have had a flurry of backend IT activity lately including a SDE SQL upgrade but these aren't in my sphere of responsibilities. I'm just not sure what to tell my IT folks when I approach them about this (where to look, etc).

geocodeError500.jpg

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Resolved this issue and it was operator error. My "working" application's name was too similar to a previous version so I didn't realize I was making edits to the previous version's JS code and not the current version. Long story short- the code was, indeed, still trying to connect to the old geocode server service which has been shut down. 😑

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Resolved this issue and it was operator error. My "working" application's name was too similar to a previous version so I didn't realize I was making edits to the previous version's JS code and not the current version. Long story short- the code was, indeed, still trying to connect to the old geocode server service which has been shut down. 😑

0 Kudos