Zone Lookup Zoom Level

Jump to solution
07-29-2022 01:23 PM
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to configure a Zone Lookup app using the "Features within zone" option. I've selected a polygon layer to use as the search zone and a point layer to include in the results. 

I've configured the search to use the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service and the same polygon layer I configured for the search zone.

I'm getting the results I expect but regardless of which search source I use the map does not zoom at all. I've tried editing the search source to change the zoom scale but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

ArielLow2146_0-1659126147333.png

The behavior I would expect is the map would zoom to the extent of the search zone polygon. Is there a way to achieve this?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@ArielLow2146 it is beth_wma

0 Kudos
ArielLow2146

@BethRomero I've invited you to the group with the app that is not zooming to the extent of the search zone polygon

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

Thanks for sharing your map. When the search polygon is not included in the results it looks like the app is staying at the current scale, if the polygon is included as a result option it will zoom.  I've logged an issue for the zoom not occurring when the polygon is not included with the results. 

0 Kudos
ArielLow2146

Thanks @BethRomero! I just tested it out and can confirm the zoom does happen when the polygon is not included in the results.

I appreciate you logging the issue. It would be great if the result polygon was automatically included at the top of the results panel so folks know which polygon they're seeing results for. When I include the search polygon layer in the results is is down near the bottom of the list because I don't want the polygon layer to be in the layer list above the points layers.

0 Kudos