Select to view content in your preferred language

Zone Lookup Push Pins

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
SavannahThomson1
New Contributor

Is there a way for the map pin to go to the address that is entered rather than the middle of the zone it is within? Our workaround was to only have the address label appear because the pin is confusing. 

It would be amazing to have the pin show up on the address entered so the end user could see where they are within the zone! 

The image below shows the push pin going to the center of the zone rather than the address (circled in red). 

SavannahThomson1_0-1719846996864.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Looks like this happens in cases where there is a search layer defined and an address is entered in the search box. We have a fix for this and it will get pushed to ArcGIS Online one night this week. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
SavannahThomson1
New Contributor

Yes! How did you do that? The only way I could get the pin on an address in my app was manually clicking. 

0 Kudos
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

I'm not sure since it's been a while since I set this up, but here's the settings...

PaulCone2_0-1719848350413.png

0 Kudos
SavannahThomson1
New Contributor

I used "features within zone" since this is a school locator app but unfortunately the "for a zone" option did not fix my push pin issue either. 

Thanks for trying to help! Hopefully it is an easy fix I am missing. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

@SavannahThomson1 is your app public if so can you share the link? If not can you provide a screen shot of the settings and I'll take a look. 

0 Kudos
SavannahThomson1
New Contributor

Here is the link: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/849bf9b6ea13414889763a075266d5f5/page/Find-Your-Elementary-...

I removed the push pins and only have the address labeled to not confuse people but you can see the address goes to the middle of whatever zone it is in. 

These are my current settings (I tried the "for a zone" as well and it did the same thing): 

SavannahThomson1_0-1719851315663.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Thanks I'll take a look and see what we can figure out. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Looks like this happens in cases where there is a search layer defined and an address is entered in the search box. We have a fix for this and it will get pushed to ArcGIS Online one night this week. 

0 Kudos
SavannahThomson1
New Contributor

Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos