Zone Lookup Instant App: Search Placeholder Text

Jump to solution
05-03-2021 01:04 PM
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

In the old Zone Lookup app, the Search had placeholder text to indicate that this is where a user enters an address. In the Instant version, this space is just a blank white box - is there somewhere to configure this, or can you add this visual hint back?

Old Zone Lookup:

DanteLee_0-1620072213351.png

Instant Zone Lookup:

DanteLee_1-1620072245433.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahMcDonald_
New Contributor III

Hi Dante,

Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like the default placeholder text isn't working as expected. However, you can add the place holder text for search in the configuration of Zone Lookup. If you go to the Search subsection in Interactivity - and next to your search source click on the ... (more options)  and click edit -> you will be able to add a placeholder text there. 

2021-05-04_08-20-38.png

2021-05-04_08-20-54.png

I am going to make a note that the default placeholder text is not set though. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Sarah

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SarahMcDonald_
New Contributor III

Hi Dante,

Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like the default placeholder text isn't working as expected. However, you can add the place holder text for search in the configuration of Zone Lookup. If you go to the Search subsection in Interactivity - and next to your search source click on the ... (more options)  and click edit -> you will be able to add a placeholder text there. 

2021-05-04_08-20-38.png

2021-05-04_08-20-54.png

I am going to make a note that the default placeholder text is not set though. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Sarah

DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Aha! Thanks - I didn't dig deep enough for the configuration 😉

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @SarahMcDonald_ 

I have tried poking around in the configuration but am unable to find where to set the default placeholder text for when "All" search options are enabled by default.

For example with Web App Builder I can display it is possible to search by address or specific fields:

BrittanyBurson_0-1652462499474.png

But with the Instant Apps the placeholder text when using multiple searches by default is only available as "Find address or place" -- is there a way for me to customize this? I seem to only be able to customize it for each individual layer/search option, but not when combined.

BrittanyBurson_1-1652462542813.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos