Select to view content in your preferred language

Zone Lookup Instant App - Export to PDF does not export chart in popup

Jump to solution
05-28-2024 02:53 PM
KateNewell1
Occasional Contributor II

I have configured a map and popup that displays a bar chart as part of the popup. The zone lookup app works great and shows the chart when a location is selected. However, when I try to export the results to pdf, the pdf does not have the chart, but a big white space where it should be. Are charts not able to be exported from the results? 

@KellyHutchins 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We've done some work for the upcoming release to better support chart content in the exported PDF. So this experience should be improved in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Online. 

If your web map is public can you share the link? Its always nice to have additional test cases to ensure the updated export is working with a wide variety of charts. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KellyHutchins

We've done some work for the upcoming release to better support chart content in the exported PDF. So this experience should be improved in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Online. 

If your web map is public can you share the link? Its always nice to have additional test cases to ensure the updated export is working with a wide variety of charts. 

0 Kudos
KateNewell1
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks Kelly! Looking forward to the update and additional functionality.
Unfortunately, this app is currently not public and is just for internal use at the moment.

0 Kudos
Holdup
by
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly, do you know whether hyperlinks will remain active in the exported PDFs. We have configured links in our pop-ups however when they are exported to PDFs the links are no longer active? Also, only the first popup is printed. Previously all pop-ups were exported to the PDF...

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I just ran a quick test and cannot reproduce the issue where only one popup prints. In this test app if you draw a polygon and select multiple features then click export all the popup content is displayed in the exported pdf. 

https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=946dc8ac0aec4c519cadeee841ebf1bc

For the hyperlink issue I'll have to do some research and see if its possible to ensure they are clickable with JavaScript but a quick search shows that you can make them "clickable" using Adobe Acrobat. 

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/hub/add-hyperlink-to-pdf.html 

0 Kudos
Holdup
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Kelly, I should have provided an example. If multiple layers are selected then the popup content will not print for all layers in the Instant App (Just the first layer).

Please see the following example:

Instant App Example - Wildlife Corridors 

I can work around this by adding all the underlying layer info to the first pop up but it would be good if it just printed all the popups.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Ok I see now you are using the Sidebar app not Zone Lookup. In Sidebar only the visible feature in the popup panel is exported so if you used the arrow keys to move to feature 2 then clicked export that popup should print - although it looks like sometimes the additional feature isn't exported. I"ll look into that issue. 

But if you want all popup content to display you can go into the app configuration then go to Sidebar and choose "Accordion panel" this will show the popup content in a series of accordion panels and if you choose this view then all the popup content displayed in the side panel should print.  Here's a test version of your app so you can test this behavior before trying it out in your app: 

https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/sidebar/index.html?appid=60e3d84956f247bcb017eb6f1077e665

While in the configuration you might also want to go to the About section and turn off "Custom header". It looks like this is enabled but custom header content is not provided and it is causing the share and export icons in the header to be misaligned. 

0 Kudos
Holdup
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Kelly, This is great! Just what I was looking for.

I knew it there had to be a less complicated solution than adding everything to the one popup. 😉 E.g.

Instant App - All in one popup 

Thanks.

0 Kudos