Zone Lookup App: Can't make changes to the introduction panel

Jump to solution
03-03-2023 03:16 PM
YukoOliver
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm updating the contents in the introduction panel on the publicly shared Zone Lookup App, but the app doesn't save any changes.

I could edit the contents in the edit window, but it did not reflect the introduction panel.

I removed two links in the edit window, then after closing the edit window, the two links I removed are still there.

ZoneLookup_1.JPGZoneLookup_2.JPG

I appreciate any help with my issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YukoOliver
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Ryan found this post, and I tried editing my app off my organization network, then it worked.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

19 Replies
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@YukoOliver, Can you share some additional details? I have not been able to replicate this issue.  Are you using ArcGIS Online or Enterprise? What browser are you using? Do you see the updates in the configuration preview at any point? After you edit and close the text window, does the app update the draft's last saved date and time? Are you editing the source HTML or using the text editor? 

0 Kudos
YukoOliver
New Contributor III

Hi,  @BethRomero Thank you for your reply. 

I'm using ArcGIS Online and Chrome. I see the updates in the edit window, but it doesn't show in the configuration preview.

I have tried editing both the source HTML and the text editor.

After I edit and close the text window, the app updates the draft's last saved date, and time won't update for the introduction panel; Then, if I open the edit window again, my edits are still there.

It happens only on the introduction panel. Because, If I select or unselect layers for the result option, the draft last saved date and time changes.

I have asked my colleague to try updating it, but he saw the same issue.

0 Kudos
YukoOliver
New Contributor III

The app DOESN'T update the draft's last saved date and time for the introduction panel.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

After editing what happens if you click outside the edit box and then enable/disable another option?

0 Kudos
YukoOliver
New Contributor III

Hello @KellyHutchins

I clicked outside the edit box, then I enabled/disabled the "Open as splash screen" option, and it did save and open it as a splash screen, but it didn't reflect the contents in the edit box. See the screenshot. (it's behind the edit window, but you can see the two lines with red arrows).
It seems like everything else works but editing the introduction panel content.

ZoneLookup_3.JPG

0 Kudos
YukoOliver
New Contributor III

Hi @KellyHutchins and @BethRomero,

Is there anything I can try to update it? Or do I need to recreate it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

We don't yet know why this is happening to some apps/orgs. If we get more info we will update here. One thing that worked for me on a test app was the following: 

- In the instant app configuration change to a different web map. Try picking one that is just a simple basemap. 

- Save the app and exit 

- Reopen the app and try to update the info panel text. If it works save the app then change back to the old web map. 

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

I am seeing the same issue on AGO.  I created a brand new webmap using the new map viewer adding only a Living Atlas layer USA Parks.  Next created a Zone Lookup Instant App.  Edits in the intro panel do not show in the published instant app.

RyanBohan_3-1678743523793.png

Published Zone Lookup Instant App

RyanBohan_4-1678743523796.png

I tried clearing my cache and cookies, and am on the latest version of Chrome

RyanBohan_5-1678743523797.png

Thank you for your help troubleshooting this,

Ryan

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
If you run the app with the browser developer tools open are there any errors? If so can you share the error text?
0 Kudos