Zonal Instant App Lost Ability to click on a location in the map

Jump to solution
04-14-2022 10:20 AM
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

It appears that after the last upgrade on March 14th, we no longer have the ability to click on a location in the map for the zonal instant apps tool. I have looked through all of the settings with the express configuration turned off - multiple times, and there is nothing that I can see where I would have missed a new setting to turn on or off for this option.

Here is my app: Who Are My Representatives? (arcgis.com)

If you search for an address, such as 500 N Mission St, it works just fine. But not if you click on that location in the map.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

It looks like the issue is that the Voter Tax and Address Points locator is the default selected one in the app. If you use the dropdown arrow to choose the World Geocoding service then click the map it will return locations. Has your app always used both locators?  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

It looks like the issue is that the Voter Tax and Address Points locator is the default selected one in the app. If you use the dropdown arrow to choose the World Geocoding service then click the map it will return locations. Has your app always used both locators?  

0 Kudos
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kelly, our elections office has requested that the world geolocator not be the primary because the zip codes are incorrect in the world geocoder, whereas our in-house zip codes are correct. This can confuse not only our staff but our also our community. I didn't think that by setting our internal dataset as primary that it wouldn't search both of the. I have turned the primary locator to ALL so that it will search both and the clicking in the map is functioning appropriately. Thanks!

0 Kudos