Portfolio Instant app - can you remove "open in map viewer" from bottom of description?

Jump to solution
08-02-2022 01:54 PM
Labels (1)
Kim_Graham
New Contributor III

Hello, 

We are starting to redo old story maps and are looking at using Instant Apps for a few, as the functionality of the new story maps is lacking for us in some areas.  We like the portfolio app for a few of our projects, but I am trying to figure out if we can make a few customization changes.  

Can you remove the "Open in Map Viewer" link at the bottom of the descriptions?  These will be viewed publicly and there's no need to direct people to the map itself.  

Can you remove the navigation in the upper right corner (bottom on mobile)?  I know that is the function of the app for many people, but we will only have 2-3 tabs and it would look cleaner without having the ability to navigate there as well.  

Thank you for any advice you may have!  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @Kim_Graham

Thanks for your interest in using the Portfolio Instant App! 

As of now, there isn't an option to remove either the 'Open in Map Viewer' link or the bottom navigation bar on mobile..

However, I have mentioned your observations to the team and we will get some issues logged for the team to look into for a future Portfolio update. We agree that providing the flexibility to show/hide these elements in the app would be beneficial.

I will post any updates here. 

Best regards,
Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @Kim_Graham

Thanks for your interest in using the Portfolio Instant App! 

As of now, there isn't an option to remove either the 'Open in Map Viewer' link or the bottom navigation bar on mobile..

However, I have mentioned your observations to the team and we will get some issues logged for the team to look into for a future Portfolio update. We agree that providing the flexibility to show/hide these elements in the app would be beneficial.

I will post any updates here. 

Best regards,
Ryan

Kim_Graham
New Contributor III

Thank you, Ryan! 

0 Kudos