Photo Attachments Do Not Display at Full Resolution

04-01-2022 07:44 AM
jpasquarelli
New Contributor

Hi Everyone, I created an an InstantApp Attachment Viewer App in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.  It's configured as an "Attachment Focused" layout.  The points in my hosted feature layer have just one attachment each (photos in JPG format).  All photos display at a much lower resolution in the viewer panel at original scale and when zoomed in (at all levels).  The photo resolution gets increasingly worse the more you zoom in.  I attached to 2 screen shot examples.  Is there a way to fix this? Is this a bug?

I tried the "Map Focused" layout as well.  When I click on any photo in the thumbnail views and open them, they look better, but there is some resolution loss when I zoom in on the photo (not as bad though). 

Most of the photos are 7082x3531.  I decreased a handful to 1200x600 to see if that helped, but it did not. I also tried creating this app in ArcGIS Online to see if it worked there, and same issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @jpasquarelli,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm not sure of a way to work around the blurriness of the images. However, this is something that we can take a look at and see if we can improve the quality of the images when using the image zoom tool. I will post any updates we may have here. 

Thanks,
Ryan Libed

0 Kudos
jpasquarelli
New Contributor

Hi @RyanLibed 

Thank you for your support.  It seems like the viewer may be compressing them (the native images aren't blurry)?  The initial view is blurry, then it gets blurrier as you zoom in.  I attached a new example - the initial view, a zoomed in halfway view, and the native image at that location.  They looked warped b/c these are supposed to be viewed in a 360 viewer.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @jpasquarelli,

The blurry images have been addressed in the latest June 2022 ArcGIS Online update. Please let me know if you still see issues. 

Thanks,
Ryan

0 Kudos
BerhanuMekonen1
New Contributor

What is the solution for, those using portal for arc GIS, ver. 10.9

ChazOlloqui
New Contributor II

I have noticed that when using an ArcGIS Enterprise Portal hosted feature layer, the images' URL in the attachment viewer app has "&w=800" added to the end. After deleting that string from the URL in Chrome DevTools, the image returns to full resolution. Is this something that can be changed? 

LaurenPfund
New Contributor

Hello I am having a very similar issue. I also created an an InstantApp Attachment Viewer App. When I upload photo attachments, some are skewed/rotated and most are very blurry/pixelated. It doesn't matter which layout I choose, "Attachment Focused" or "Map Focused." Any assistance is appreciated

0 Kudos