Nearby App: Sorting Results

Jump to solution
07-07-2021 09:38 AM
Labels (1)
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Maybe this is an enhancement request, maybe this is a "bug" - when distance values aren't toggled for display, the results list is randomized/unsorted.

DanteLee_0-1625675596205.png

Turning on the distance values solves this, I would think that the list should still return results in order.

DanteLee_1-1625675864245.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I've been thinking about this one a bit more and I think we should add a config option that allows results to be sorted by distance and if that is enabled the option to show the distance value would be shown. That way you can get distance sorted results and then choose whether or not to show the distance label. Look for this to be included in the fall online release. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KellyHutchins

Hi Dante,

Thanks for the feedback. In order to sort by distance we have to first calculate the distances which takes a little bit of extra time vs just getting the results. Because of this we only do the sort/calculation when the distances are going to be displayed.

0 Kudos
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

I'll accept that explanation 😛 but still doesn't make sense from a user experience

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I've been thinking about this one a bit more and I think we should add a config option that allows results to be sorted by distance and if that is enabled the option to show the distance value would be shown. That way you can get distance sorted results and then choose whether or not to show the distance label. Look for this to be included in the fall online release.