Select to view content in your preferred language

Instant App configure page will not open

01-16-2024 10:22 AM
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

I am trying to use Instant Apps for the first time and I am getting this error in my Chrome DevTools console when I first create the app and if I click Configure on the instant app item page. The web page remains blank white.

AlexanderSt__John_1-1705429286554.png

AlexanderSt__John_0-1705429186570.png

I am able to view the app in its default state, after it is created.

Anyone know what's up with the deal with that?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We’ve run into this issue with the app configuration on some machines only in Chrome. We’ve been unable to track down a consistent reason for this and it only happens on some machines. It is frustrating but at this point we are trying to determine when it happens. It does not happen in Firefox so if possible can you use that browser?  You can also try running through the steps outlined in this article

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/227608807/aw-snap-error-error-code-status-breakpoint?hl=en#...

0 Kudos
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

Some more context of the network data

AlexanderSt__John_0-1705429717054.png

AlexanderSt__John_0-1705430191415.png

It seems that the appid query string parameters is malformed, missing the "/" delimiter, which causes the Request URL to be incorrect.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

This error might be different if you aren't seeing the "Aw snap". Does it happen every time you create an instant app? 

0 Kudos
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

Yes, it happened for several instant apps of different templates.

Note: I am able to configure the app in incognito mode

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I can't repro that particular issue with app configuration.  If you are using Enterprise maybe its an issue at a particular version? Might be worth reaching out to Esri support for assistance troubleshooting. I did find this issue in the support library: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-unable-to-access-the-arcgis-instant-apps-confi...

0 Kudos
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS Online.

I turned off my ad blocker Chrome extension (uBlock origin) and now I can configure the app.

0 Kudos
SDouglas_Versar
New Contributor

I was having this problem in Chrome and Firefox. Turning off uBlock Origin worked for me as well.

0 Kudos