Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit function in attachment viewer does not work

02-20-2024 04:24 AM
Labels (1)
SveinungBertnesRåheim
Occasional Contributor

We experience strange behaviour of an attacment viewer app. We have enabeled editing. We want users to edit some attributes. When enabling editing, an edit-button appears when clicking at a feature. So far, so good.

SveinungBertnesRheim_0-1708431465553.png

I am administrator in our organization. I can edit.
We have tried to edit with the other following user types

• Creator
  • Editor
  • Field worker
  • Viewer

With Viewer, the edit symbol is not visible.

With the three other user types, we kan open and edit attributes and save. No errors. But nothing is saved. We see no changes in data.
I tried to build a simple experience builder application to do the same edit operations. There, it works with creator and editor user type. I have not tested with Field worker. Seem like a bug to me?`Anyone who has experienced same strange behaviour?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ken_Morefield
New Contributor II

I'll echo your post - I had built an attachment viewer app that allowed editing and it worked perfectly for a few years.  Now - you can no longer edit.  And some users can no longer view the attachments.  ESRI - there's a bug in there somewhere!

0 Kudos
JessicaTaylor
New Contributor

I am having the same issue- can edit the attributes using my creator login and they save.

When I log in as a field worker, i can edit the attributes no problem and press save, only none of the edits save.

Have tried altering all permissions on the editable layers, cannot get any edits to save as a field worker with data editer type member

It would be very handy for our field workers to edit the attributes in this app.

Any solutions?

0 Kudos
JessicaTaylor
New Contributor
0 Kudos
KristaMcPherson
Esri Contributor

Hi @JessicaTaylor, Thanks for reaching out about this. We have not been able to reproduce this issue with our internal samples. I would recommend contacting Esri Technical Support for help with troubleshooting and identifying the source of the issue. 

0 Kudos
JessicaTaylor
New Contributor

Thanks Krista, I will

0 Kudos