Disable comments in Crowdsource Polling at end of consultation

01-23-2017 04:41 AM
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

I have been using the Crowdsource Polling template for a public consultation and this has now come to an end. I would like to keep this map active but simple disable the ability to make comments. The only way I can see to do this is to remove the Create and Update options on Feature Access for the map service. However, whilst it stops entries being made to the table, it still allows comments to be typed in and only fails on submit - this may not be the best experience for a customer.

Is there another way round this, or is there another template which lists all features and has the popup data in a sidebar?

muisea

Many thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

mark.cooper_SDC‌ Crowdsource Polling requires an editable layer with a related table. We are thinking about how to support post-comment period workflows, but for now I suggest unsharing your Polling app and re-sharing your map using an application that is focused on sharing rather than editing work. Basic Viewer or one of the Storymaps might suit this purpose well.

0 Kudos
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks muisea‌. I did suspect that was the case so have already prepared a map using WebApp Builder. I definitely think it would be good to have a version of Crowdsource Polling where comments were disabled in the future - it would save producing two maps and would be better for the citizen using them.