Attachment Viewer Search Function

09-30-2020 11:42 AM
AlyssaFarrier
New Contributor II

I have a couple questions in regards to the search function for Attachment Viewer. First, is there a way to change the "title" of the item that is searched? The box over the item only displays "Search result" rather than giving some form of description. Second, when the item is selected from possible search results, it opens the attachment but fails to show any content for that attachment. I had to go back to the gallery view and select the result again to make the content appear.

This is a public app that I've built for my organization and I would appreciate any tips on these two issues.

https://huntingtonbg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/attachmentviewer/index.html?appid=1fc6e0a4cc194c59... 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hello Alyssa,

It looks like there's an issue with configured search source's ID. Do you think you can try going into the app's configuration panel and remove/re-add the search source?

Steps:
1. Navigate to Interactivity > Search >Search Configuration
2. Click 'Add'
3. Select 'Layer' tab
4. Opt into 'Map' option below tabs
5. Select 'Huntinghton Orchids' option
6. Click 'OK'
7. Configure the search source. Important: You must add at least one search field to the layer source. 
8. Click 'Done'

If you run a test search, a selected result from the search widget should populate the content in the feature content panel. 

As for setting a title in the feature pop up label - this can be set by configuring the 'Pop-up title' through the 'Configure pop-up` option in the Map Viewer . You can set a field attribute such as the name of the feature i.e. `{Name}`.

I've created sample app with your data and got everything working. Please let me know if you would like me to share it. 

Thanks,

Ryan

AlyssaFarrier
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for your help.

Alyssa

0 Kudos