What happens to the data?

Jump to solution
09-13-2017 01:50 PM
AmitKokje3
New Contributor III

The organisation recently had 10.5 environment update and insights 1.2.1 configured.

I am still very new and exploring the insights and 1 question keeps bugging me. 

When using excel as data source, once the excel is added to the insight workbook, it must be get hosted on the pre-configured hosting server. 

Once I remove the data-set from the insight card what happen to the loaded excel (or the data-set)? is it get deleted from the hosting server?

The reason is, we will be opening  few insights licences for some non GIS business units for self-help use. But do not want the hosting server to be loaded with unnecessary data. If the excel or the data-sets remains even after user deletes from the workbook or a card, we expect the data should be automatically deleted from the hosting server. 

Any help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

Once you delete your Insights workbook, the workbook and card data generated within Insights from your excel dataset also gets deleted. (cleaned up).

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

Once you delete your Insights workbook, the workbook and card data generated within Insights from your excel dataset also gets deleted. (cleaned up).

Hope that helps.

AmitKokje3
New Contributor III

Great!

Thanks for the quick help. 

Amit

0 Kudos