Unable to use predefined filter after calculating field in table in insights

Jump to solution
01-13-2021 07:57 AM
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor

Hi, i have been using insights for a while, and with my most recent project, have come across an annoying issue.  I create summary tables of taxable values by city, etc, and then need to calculate taxable change.  Then i want to allow my users to filter by land use with a predefined filter, but the predefined filter won't work.  It works fine before i calculate the new field, but not after, on the same summary table.  I have tested this multiple times and it is very aggravating.  It seems that i have to create the summary outside insights and only use insights to create my report, i can't do the summary analysis in insights.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Laura, yes we should get to the bottom of this so that we can either fix it or see exactly what's goin on. Sounds great. Thanks, I'll look for the screenshot or more info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Laura,

I tried to reproduce what you are experiencing, and am not able to. Are you using the latest version? Insights Desktop/Online/Enterprise? I believe you need to submit a tech support ticket to walk through the details. Or give me an email and we can do a screen share. ssandusky@esri.com

1. create summary table
  2. create predefined filter
  3. calc a new field in the data table.
  4. predefined filter is still working for me
0 Kudos
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor
Hello Scott,
I was creating summary table calculating field then creating predefined filter. We figured a work around that involved creating the summary table and calculating the field in our sde then bringing it into insights so I could move the report forward, but I would still like to solve this. I will get you a screen shot. As far as I know we have the latest version.
Thanks,
Laura
0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Laura, yes we should get to the bottom of this so that we can either fix it or see exactly what's goin on. Sounds great. Thanks, I'll look for the screenshot or more info.

0 Kudos