"Something Went Wrong" Fed-up

Jump to solution
06-08-2021 12:02 AM
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

Before I rant, I do like Insights, it's just infuriating me.

So, what's going on?

I've created a number of insights to embed into our Climate and Nature Emergency strategy, which I've created in ExpB - think of it as a living data document.

CaNE v6 (arcgis.com)

As an example, here's one of the pages from that experience.

Now, I want to make a minor frame position change to one or two of the Insights - unfortunately, once those changes have been made and I go to "Share As", "Update" and, after a moment or two, I get the "Something is Wrong" message.

Some of the data is very simple, nothing more than a few lines and attributes in a hosted feature service. The data structure hasn't changed, the permissions are all the same, in fact it may have only been an hour or so since the Insight was created. When creating the Insight, I usually copy the data to the Workbook.

The Insight is created either within Insights Online within AGOL, or desktop - to be honest doesn't really matter the "Something Went Wrong" outcome pervades both.

What I also don't quite get, despite the "Something Went Wrong", the Insight still clearly works - it just fails to update or allow me to change anything about it.

Can anyone help?! I don't want to go back and recreate these Insights again.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Jonathan,

Sorry to hear about the Insights troubles. Would you be able to create a tech support incident to get to the bottom of this? If you want to drop me an email, we can do a screen share and I can try to help, but I do think that tech support would be most efficient. ssandusky@esri.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Jonathan,

Sorry to hear about the Insights troubles. Would you be able to create a tech support incident to get to the bottom of this? If you want to drop me an email, we can do a screen share and I can try to help, but I do think that tech support would be most efficient. ssandusky@esri.com

JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@SineKelly 

Thank you to Sine for the support.

0 Kudos