Select to view content in your preferred language

"Error: We couldn't style your layer. It's likely the data contains all null values."

12-13-2023 12:53 PM
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Using 2023.2 Insights on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1. I have an xlsx file I've copied to my workbook and a polygon feature service I've copied to my workbook. I've created an inner join on a string field. I can open the resulting data table and see the ~74k records. When I drag it onto a map, it says "Error: We couldn't style your layer. It's likely the data contains all null values." I can see the local polygon features (without a join) fine on a map. Are there limitations on visualizing relationships?

I've also tried converting the polygons to points in case it was too much for it. Now they display, but when I go to change the symbology it shows this error and I can't change it back to show them at all.

ChelseaRozek_1-1702500673010.pngChelseaRozek_0-1702500473324.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@ChelseaRozek I believe we missed responding to this question. Are you still facing this issue? It sounds like something with the join. 

If you still have this issue please send a sample data if possible and I can take a look. 

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @AkshayHarshe , thanks for the reply! I was able to replicate the issue again today, though I haven't worked with Insights much since December. I sent you a copy of the data just now via email.