Select to view content in your preferred language

Linking Tables to predefined filters

Jump to solution
04-18-2022 01:17 PM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to create an Insights Desktop app which has the capability to filter plots and tables by using the `predefined filters` card. The drop down menu filter does work on the visuals but I can't seem to connect the filters to the data table.

In the example below, I have selected the city of Coral Springs (under `jurisdict` column), and the map is showing the results just for that city. Now, I also want the table to filter accordingly to show the results just for Coral Spring, so that the map and table are both in sync.

Please note that the plot, drop down menu and the table were created using the same dataset.

How can I do this in Insights Desktop?

SaadullahBaloch_0-1650312978241.png

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

Saadullah,

The Predefined filter card doesn't impact the dataset itself and so it won't be reflected in the Data Table.  What you can do though is create a Reference Table with all of the fields you want included.  The Predefined filter will impact what is viewable on the Reference Table.

Scott

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

Saadullah,

The Predefined filter card doesn't impact the dataset itself and so it won't be reflected in the Data Table.  What you can do though is create a Reference Table with all of the fields you want included.  The Predefined filter will impact what is viewable on the Reference Table.

Scott