Insights work with AGO

Jump to solution
11-09-2017 05:42 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Does anybody know when esri is going to make Insights work with AGO, so you don't need to install portal to use it. Because we do NOT need portal.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Erik,

Insights for ArcGIS has been released today as part of the December release of ArcGIS Online. Look out for the blog article with some of the features that you can work with: https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/tag/insights-for-arcgis/  

Until then, you can visit our help to read through some of the features you can expect to use in this release: Insights for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thanks,

Aravind

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

From this link it pretty well says it isn't available that way.  Had you heard otherwise?

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Hi Erik,

"Just to be specific: Insights for ArcGIS currently only works with Portal for ArcGIS with a hosting server deployment (e.g., ArcGIS Server + ArcGIS Data Store). It will work with ArcGIS Online in a future release (the team is working on this now)."

This was from Derek Law from esri when I asked about this a few months ago. 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Esri has announced several times this year that the release of ArcGIS Online at the end of the year will include Insights. Before the next update more info will be shared. 

DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, an ArcGIS Online version of Insights is in the works and more details will be provided very soon.  

AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Erik,

Insights for ArcGIS has been released today as part of the December release of ArcGIS Online. Look out for the blog article with some of the features that you can work with: https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/tag/insights-for-arcgis/  

Until then, you can visit our help to read through some of the features you can expect to use in this release: Insights for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thanks,

Aravind

ErikBlake

Yea. I saw the update email this morning. Thanks Aravind.

BryanChastain2
New Contributor III

Hey Aravind,  I saw it was supposed to have gone live on arcgis.com today. However, I don't see it under Organization->Licenses->Additional Products in my organization.

DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Bryan,

Yes, it may take time for all ArcGIS Online Orgs to update worldwide, but should be available before days end.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

In  our Portal in Colombia the licences were added earlier today and we are already using them... Looks great!