Insights Page Not Found

Jump to solution
07-26-2017 11:25 AM
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I have gone through all of the prerequisites for getting Insights configured but when I attempt to load the app, I get a Page not found/404 error.

I have Portal 10.5.1 set up with a federated 10.5.1 ArcGIS server running on an SSL domain certificate control internal virtual machine.  I have the ArcGIS datastore installed and configured and the local machine validated as the hosting server.  I have the webadaptor installed and configured to the local machine.   I installed Insights without a problem and configured and licensed it via Portal.

The Apps cluster shows up as expected next to my username in Portal and Insights appears to be available but it only loads a 'Page Not Found' error page.  I've checked logs with no usable messages.  

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Michael,

That's the issue. So, to resolve this issue,

1. Unfederate the ArcGIS Server & Portal.

2. Uninstall the web adaptor from the machine. Then, install the web adaptor two times - one named "arcgis" or "server" and "portal". 

3. Then register "server" with ArcGIS Server & "portal" to register with Portal for ArcGIS.

4. Re-federate Portal & ArcGIS Server.

5. Setup the hosting server.

Please let me know if you can open Insights & create a new workbook after this.

Thanks,

Aravind

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael, 

From the list of steps you've provided to inform us about your Enterprise 10.5.1 stack, you mentioned a web adaptor being configured for Portal & Server. Can you confirm if you have 2 web adaptors installed & registered with Portal & Server separately or do you have just a single web adaptor registered for Portal & Server?

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
MichaelSnook

Hello Aravind...I only have one WebAdaptor for both Server and Portal. Should they be separate?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Michael,

That's the issue. So, to resolve this issue,

1. Unfederate the ArcGIS Server & Portal.

2. Uninstall the web adaptor from the machine. Then, install the web adaptor two times - one named "arcgis" or "server" and "portal". 

3. Then register "server" with ArcGIS Server & "portal" to register with Portal for ArcGIS.

4. Re-federate Portal & ArcGIS Server.

5. Setup the hosting server.

Please let me know if you can open Insights & create a new workbook after this.

Thanks,

Aravind

MichaelSnook

Hi Aravind,

I did everything here but when I attempt to configure the WebAdaptor with portal it does not recognize the server site admin user/pass. To clarify...I need to configure the new WebAdaptor for Portal at https://myserver.full.name/portal/webadaptor (I installed the 2nd WebAdaptor using 'portal') correct?

It's failing when I try to configure https://myserver.full.name:443 using the same admin account as Server running at https://myserver.full.name/arcgis

Thanks for your help!

Mike

0 Kudos
MichaelSnook

Hi Aravind,

It's working now. After I installed the second adapter I still needed to un-register the server and then re-register it. Once that was complete I needed to update the data store configuration to set the hosting server. I also had to re-install Insights and noticed that it now had components for both ArcGIS server and Portal...installed and is working!

Thanks

Mike

AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michael,

I apologize for not being able to reply back to you. Thanks for providing me the update to what fixed the issue. Would it be possible to mark your response as the Answer to the Question, so there's some visibility for other folks who might run into the same issue?

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos