Insights Install on HA Portal with Multiple Federated AGS Sites

Jump to solution
01-08-2022 08:33 AM
JamesFarmer
New Contributor III

Hi All, 

We are planning to install Insights premise with Portal 10.6.1 (upgrading to 10.9.1 in the near term). Our Portal is a HA deployment with multiple federated ArcGIS Server Sites used to publish services along with the Hosted Datastore Site. 

Does the Insights AGS install need to be installed on every ArcGIS Server machine that may may be used as the service source for feature layers stored in our Portal as remote feature layer input to Insights or does it only need to be installed on the Hosted Data store site along with the Portal? 

The following data tabs and data sources are available in Insights in ArcGIS Enterprise:

• Living Atlas—Feature layers curated by ArcGIS Online and configured for your ArcGIS Enterprise organization.
  • ArcGIS public—Feature layers shared publicly from ArcGIS Online users outside of your organization.
  • Upload fileExcel workbooks, CSV files, shapefiles, and GeoJSON files that are added directly to your workbook.
  • ArcGIS organization—Data from your ArcGIS Enterprise organization. The following data sources are available from your ArcGIS connection:
    • My contentFeature layers created by you.
    • My groupsFeature layers created by you or another member of your organization and shared to a group of which you are a member.
    • My organizationFeature layers created by you or another member of your organization and shared to your organization.
    • Boundaries—Standard boundary feature layers that have been configured for your organization.
  • Databases—Database connections and their associated spatial and nonspatial tables.
  • SharePoint—Datasets stored in Microsoft SharePoint.
  • OneDrive—Datasets stored in Microsoft OneDrive.

Thanks for any input! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FrancesZhu101
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

You need to ArcGIS Insights on every ArcGIS Server machine that may may be used as the service source for feature layers stored in our Portal as remote feature layer input to Insights. These ArcGIS Servers will use Insights libraries site locally whenever they needs. 

Please let me know if the answer is help.

Cheers,

Frances

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrancesZhu101
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

You need to ArcGIS Insights on every ArcGIS Server machine that may may be used as the service source for feature layers stored in our Portal as remote feature layer input to Insights. These ArcGIS Servers will use Insights libraries site locally whenever they needs. 

Please let me know if the answer is help.

Cheers,

Frances

JamesFarmer
New Contributor III

Great! Thank you Frances!

0 Kudos