Select to view content in your preferred language

Insights in Enterprise 11.3?

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
AdamRepsher_BentEar
Occasional Contributor

Hi Everyone,

• I just upgraded to Enterprise 11.3 - and poof - Insights didn't work anymore.
  • I checked that there was not another Insights download.  Nope.  I have the Insights 2023.3 install already.

I now cannot use Insights in Enterprise?

Thanks,

--Adam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@AdamRepsher_BentEar 

ArcGIS Insights version 2024.1 will be compatible with Enterprise 11.3 and released in 2-3 weeks. Apologies for any inconvenience. 2024.1 will work with 11.2 and 11.3.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

Have you tried to run a repair on the installation of Insights? I wouldn't be surprised settings have been reset, etc that where once written by the insights installation.

I'm interested in how it goes as I'll be doing the same thing in about 6months time. Good luck

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher_BentEar
Occasional Contributor

Sorry - I had to uninstall.
The answer is in the next post though.

0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@AdamRepsher_BentEar 

ArcGIS Insights version 2024.1 will be compatible with Enterprise 11.3 and released in 2-3 weeks. Apologies for any inconvenience. 2024.1 will work with 11.2 and 11.3.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
AdamRepsher_BentEar
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the information @AkshayHarshe.

Joshua-Young
Regular Contributor

Insights 2024.1 is up on My Esri as of this morning, but I have not seen an annoucement yet.

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
0 Kudos
Joshua-Young
Regular Contributor

Just an FYI, ArcGIS Insights always lags several weeks behind an new releases of ArcGIS Enterprise. At least Esri now has something in the upgrade instructions about verifying app compatibility before upgrading. I just wish Esri would have something in the upgrade instructions that explictly states that if you are using apps x, y, or z do not upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise to the latest version until the new compatible versions of the apps are released, and then update the text once the updated apps are released.

• If you have Esri apps configured with your portal, ensure you are at a version that's compatible with the 11.3 portal after upgrading.
  • If you configured ArcGIS Insights, you do not need to uninstall it prior to upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise. If you are upgrading both ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Insights, it is best practice to complete the ArcGIS Enterprise upgrade first, including the post-upgrade steps, before upgrading ArcGIS Insights.

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

Agreed.  I have very few clients with ArcGIS Insights.  It just fell on me that my first 11.3 upgrade was an Insights user and I've been burnt by it - BUT - it's only pre-prod.  I'd raised it as a risk, and had hoped to use the 'latest' release, but it's install validation failed to allow an upgrade.  So we need to wait for the 2024.x release.  Disappointing, but I sort of understand why this happens.

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
0 Kudos