Select to view content in your preferred language

Insights Desktop page color

Jump to solution
09-01-2022 11:28 AM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

In Insights Desktop, when I change the page color, there are parts of the workbook that don't change the color.

How can I fix this?

On a side note whenever I change the banner and logo, the page color and font format go back to default. This should be fixed too.

For example:

SaadullahBaloch_0-1662056729489.png

SaadullahBaloch_1-1662056788842.png

SaadullahBaloch_2-1662056814601.png

Question | Analyze | Visualize
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_,

I'm sorry to hear about your page defaults resetting when you change the banner settings. We will investigate this to see if it's a bug!

As for various parts of the Insights workbook not applying color changes when you change Insights page colors (e.g., backgrounds and foregrounds), this is working as expected.

The workbook interface is not considered the page, so changes to page colors do not impact the workbook visuals.

Since people will only be able to view the page -- not the workbook -- when you share it, I don't believe the color discrepancy will impact your end-user's visual experience. In this case, they should only see black. 

Hope this makes sense, and thank you for using ArcGIS Insights! I will further investigate the banner setting impacting page design. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

Best,

Ian

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_,

I'm sorry to hear about your page defaults resetting when you change the banner settings. We will investigate this to see if it's a bug!

As for various parts of the Insights workbook not applying color changes when you change Insights page colors (e.g., backgrounds and foregrounds), this is working as expected.

The workbook interface is not considered the page, so changes to page colors do not impact the workbook visuals.

Since people will only be able to view the page -- not the workbook -- when you share it, I don't believe the color discrepancy will impact your end-user's visual experience. In this case, they should only see black. 

Hope this makes sense, and thank you for using ArcGIS Insights! I will further investigate the banner setting impacting page design. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

Best,

Ian

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics