Filter by Financial Year

Jump to solution
01-28-2020 05:30 PM
BushtelAdmin
New Contributor III

G'day Again

I need to supply a rolling count of number of visits to locations over the financial year, 1 July to 30 June.

At the moment I have a Year Predefined Filter and a Month Predefined Filter.

So last month I had 2019 checked in one window and Jul - December in the other window.

This month things go wrong as I need to check 2019 and 2020 but don't want to see 2019 Jan results.

I'm assuming the way forward is to create custom filters.

I would also like the end users to keep the ability to chose the historical year(s) and month(s) they may be interested in.

Thanks for your ideas!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Bushtel,

Yes, data can be filtered at the dataset level or the card level.

Filter data—Insights Create | Documentation 

We also have a predefined filter designed for viewers to interact with, however that does not currently support temporal data.  This is a good enhancement request that we have heard.

Add a predefined filter—Insights share | Documentation 

If you change your date field to a string field, that may give you some more options for interactivity, and using cross filters to filter correctly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Bushtel,

Yes, data can be filtered at the dataset level or the card level.

Filter data—Insights Create | Documentation 

We also have a predefined filter designed for viewers to interact with, however that does not currently support temporal data.  This is a good enhancement request that we have heard.

Add a predefined filter—Insights share | Documentation 

If you change your date field to a string field, that may give you some more options for interactivity, and using cross filters to filter correctly.

BushtelAdmin
New Contributor III

G'day Scott

Thanks for that. I needed an interactive card for view only end users.

I ended up making a custom filter expression with date related sql.