Custom date range filter for Insights dashboard?

Jump to solution
03-06-2020 08:03 AM
University_of_KYFacilities_Mgm
New Contributor

I have a Insights workbook that is to be used as a dashboard to display data for a department in the organization and would like to know if I can setup some kind of filter that the viewers will be able change themselves in order to view different data. The filter would be a date filter where the viewer would be able to choose custom date ranges so they can see data from that range. I know I can use a predefined filter for a custom date range but the viewer cannot change that filter, only turn on or off the range that I predefined. I would like for the viewer to be able to choose a date range themselves. Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello,

This is currently not possible today, but is a great feature enhancement that Insights should support.  We have logged this an enhancement for consideration in a future release.  Thank you for sharing!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello,

This is currently not possible today, but is a great feature enhancement that Insights should support.  We have logged this an enhancement for consideration in a future release.  Thank you for sharing!

0 Kudos
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

In the latest release of Insights, we have added the "advanced filter" to both "datasets" in the data pane, and at the card level.  Link to the documentation is here.  You may want to also explorer the pre-defined filter widget and the "advanced" option to create your own SQL where clause which can be a custom date range filter.  Link to document