Cannot display feature service on Insights

Jump to solution
03-09-2017 08:50 AM
AsmaNKHILI
New Contributor III

I tried to display a feature service on Insights for ArcGIS. Attribute table appears but layer cannot be drawn (No error message).

Feature service is a secured service stored on another Server in another machine. Service is been stored with credentials on Portal.

Furthermore, Feature service is drawn correctly on Portal Web Viewer...

I cannot understand why Insights cannot draw correctly this feature service..

Thanks for Help!

#insightsforarcgis#featureservice#adddata‌ #10.5

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsmaNKHILI
New Contributor III

Hi, apparently my problem was linked to our arcgis server and some specific config bound to.

Bug came from our infrastructure not data or browser or even Portal. 

It was linked to temporary field names added for outStatistics calls. As i sad, feature service come from antoher ArcGIS Sever. 

Sorry, i don't really have answer to fix this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Asma,

Can you try storing your feature service on the same portal as Insights to see if that works? Also make sure your feature layer is shared. Please let me know.

0 Kudos
JasonLee1
New Contributor

Asma,

I am also having this issue. I published the layer with feature access to the same Portal as Insights. I have also tried creating a feature layer in Portal as well. Our servers are federated. Any fixes?

Jason

0 Kudos
StefanKiener
New Contributor

Hello everyone

I am having the same problem (Insights version 1.2.1), no feature layer from my content on ArcGIS portal is displayed in Insights. The attribute table can be viewed correctly and the feature layer are displayed in the map viewer. This seems to be new, in the last version I had no problems of such kind.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?

Alena

0 Kudos
SidoniaIlie
Esri Contributor

I have a similar problem! The feature service works perfectly fine in a webmap but not in an Insights Workbook. Also, this particular service has been working until now. It just stopped loading now, along with the basemap.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sidonia

0 Kudos
StefanKiener
New Contributor

Hello everyone

I made the following changes and for now geometries are displayed correctly.

First of all I opened ArcGIS Portal and Insights in Internet Explorer instead of Chrome. Apparently Chrome checkes certificates more strictly and the certificate for Insights seems to cause problems. Even after exporting the certificate from IE and importing it to Chrome, it did not work.

Secondly I changed my basemap so that the whole world was shown and checked on the spatial reference of my dataset. Before that I had a basemap with only a small area in Europe and the spatial reference of my data and the basemap were not the same. So actually my data has always been drawn somewhere in the pacific ocean, but as my basemap only showed a small area in Europe I could not see it. I had a similar problem a while ago with another ArcGIS product, but I don't remember the details. So setting the spatial reference of input data and basemaps correctly seems to be critical.

Furthermore I have the impression, that working with services from a SDE-database is more stable and causes less problems than importing shapefiles or other data.

I hope, this helps.
Alena

AsmaNKHILI
New Contributor III

Hi, apparently my problem was linked to our arcgis server and some specific config bound to.

Bug came from our infrastructure not data or browser or even Portal. 

It was linked to temporary field names added for outStatistics calls. As i sad, feature service come from antoher ArcGIS Sever. 

Sorry, i don't really have answer to fix this issue.

0 Kudos