Can Insights cards be consumed in an Operations Dashboard?

10-11-2019 04:06 PM
AllenDailey1
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible for Insights cards to be shared/consumed in an Operations Dashboard?  I keep seeing that Insights pages can be embedded in StoryMaps or websites, and I also see that Operations Dashboard has an "embedded content" widget, but I am not sure if you can embed Insights cards in a dashboard.  Does anyone have the answer?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesMisfeldt
Esri Contributor

Hi Allen,

The answer right now is no, it is not possible to share cards you create in ArcGIS Insights in an Operations Dashboard or anywhere.  You can, however, embed a page containing one or more desired cards in your operations dashboard by sharing and copying the URL under "View your shared page".

I hope this helps,

James

0 Kudos
AllenDailey1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for your reply, James.

It is helpful to know the difference between sharing cards vs. pages.

One thing I learned is that I can get the Iframe code from the Insights Page and then paste that into a Rich Text widget in a Dashboard, which works pretty well.  this way, it's possible to see the Page content, and the viewer doesn't even have to click on a link.

Thanks again!

Allen

stevebrooks1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am also having problems with this.  I have tried both methods listed above and I am getting the Something Went Wrong message!

Steve

0 Kudos
JamesMisfeldt
Esri Contributor

Hey Steve, 

At what point are you getting that error message?  Could you add some more details about your workflow or screenshots?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
stevebrooks1
New Contributor III

Good morning James.

Unfortunately I cannot share screen shots.

I have created and shared the insights card that I want to show in my dashboard.

In dashboard I have tried all 3 links from the insights share page with both the Embedded Content and Rich Text options in Dashboard and this is where I get the error message.

One thing I have left to try is to ensure that my Insights page is correctly configured to allow me to share and I will try this with my data manager.

Steve

0 Kudos
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

If sharing a single card on a page, this becomes an item in portal and is embeddable.  The embed URL is found when the page is shared.  Copy and paste this embed URL into any iFrame and it should work.  Please let me know if you have any problems.

0 Kudos