Select to view content in your preferred language

Update Occupants without undoing assignments in Space Planner

Jump to solution
Wednesday
MelissaSalich
Occasional Contributor

I need help with the best workflow for updating my occupants. 
I get a scheduled export of our firm directory exported to .csv. 
I run the Update Occupant Features geoprocessing tool.
It runs successfully.
The geoprocessing tool undoes any unit assignments previously created in Space Planner.

What is the recommended workflow to update the list of occupants but keep their UnitID from GIS?

Update Occupant Features Settings.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SophieFrank
Esri Contributor

Hi @MelissaSalich, based on your workflow description, it sounds like you just want to import new occupant names and delete occupants who no longer exist in your firm directory, but that the firm directory doesn't include any unit assignment information. All of that is done in Space Planner.

Assuming the above is correct, you can run the tool without providing values for the following parameters: Units, Unit Identifier (Input Units Features), Unit Identifier (Input Occupant Table). The tool with then import new occupants as unassigned (and update any mapped attributes that are different in the input table, such as changes in job title or last name), delete occupants who don't exist in the input occupant table, and you can then assign them to units in Space Planner.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SophieFrank
Esri Contributor

Hi @MelissaSalich, based on your workflow description, it sounds like you just want to import new occupant names and delete occupants who no longer exist in your firm directory, but that the firm directory doesn't include any unit assignment information. All of that is done in Space Planner.

Assuming the above is correct, you can run the tool without providing values for the following parameters: Units, Unit Identifier (Input Units Features), Unit Identifier (Input Occupant Table). The tool with then import new occupants as unassigned (and update any mapped attributes that are different in the input table, such as changes in job title or last name), delete occupants who don't exist in the input occupant table, and you can then assign them to units in Space Planner.

0 Kudos
MelissaSalich
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Sophie, that is the workflow I have.
I ran the Update Occupant tool with the parameters you described, and it worked. 
Thank you!!

MelissaSalich_0-1723049844830.png

0 Kudos