Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to route through stairways in ArcGIS Indoor Viewer

Jump to solution
11-27-2023 03:42 AM
AbhyanshuGupta
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have created an Indoor Viewer Application using a indoor web map and have also used a self created routing and closest facility service. When i am trying to create a route between two locations on two different floors it is always creating a route using the elevator for floor transition. In the floor transition I have also added elevator delay for 30 seconds still there is no difference.

How can I be able to create a route through the stairways instead of the elevator?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Assuming you've created the correct transition features, you can also try 'forcing' the default walking mode to prohibit using the elevator (transition) feature from the network dataset by placing the check mark next to it.

You'll have to re-publish/overwrite the network service also once you make a change.

Jinho_Kang_0-1701099624395.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SophieFrank
Esri Contributor

Hi @AbhyanshuGupta,

I suspect the issue may be with the stairway transitions connecting to the pathway transitions. If you add your pathways and transitions layer to a scene in ArcGIS Pro and take a look at the endpoints of the stairways, are they snapped to the pathways on the levels at each endpoint?

0 Kudos
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Assuming you've created the correct transition features, you can also try 'forcing' the default walking mode to prohibit using the elevator (transition) feature from the network dataset by placing the check mark next to it.

You'll have to re-publish/overwrite the network service also once you make a change.

Jinho_Kang_0-1701099624395.png