Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to configure Indoors layer properties

05-02-2022 07:58 AM
ChristinaHoddinott1
Regular Contributor

Hey! I just got the Indoors extension and I am trying to create a floor aware map to be published on AGOL. When I go to Map >> Properties >> Indoor Layers I am unable to select anything for Facilities and Floors... the drop-down has no options. I believe I have the appropriate layers in the map with the correct schema. Anyone know why this would be and how to fix it?

Second question, I have multiple layers for my room level data, one for each floor. It was necessary to do this when they took the floor picker away from FieldMaps so we could filter the rooms by floor (and it worked just fine with the floor picker before they took that away). Now I have the Indoors license and want the floor picker back. Is it a problem that I have these multiple layers? Pic below to show what I mean...

indoors.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChristinaHoddinott1 

Question1: No layers listed in the Facilities and Floors dropdown

Answer: If you are able to see the Indoor Layers option in map properties then you have the license applied correctly however the feature classes in your database may not match the layer requirements for to configure floor-aware maps. You should use the Create Indoor Database or Create Indoor Dataset tools to get the expected schema.

Question 2: Is it a problem that I have these multiple layers for each floor?

Answer: Floor filtering is designed to work in maps that have the properties set from Question 1 and for all layers that have the Floors property. You should set it on a single Rooms layer if you had all the data in it.

The floor-filter will appear right away after you set the map and layer properties mentioned above.

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I got it figured out an the floor filter working properly in Pro. Unfortunately, the floor picker is still not working in FieldMaps.

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @ChristinaHoddinott1 

If you opened your existing web map in ArcGIS Pro and changed the settings to make the floor-filter appear then you need to use the Save Web Map tool from the Share ribbon to make it appear in the web map

If you opened your original map in ArcGIS Pro and changed the settings to make the floor-filter appear then you need to use the Web Map tool in the Share ribbon to make it appear in the new web map

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Regular Contributor

I tried both to no avail. Still no floor picker. 

0 Kudos