Select to view content in your preferred language

Status of Indoors Configuration Table

Jump to solution
04-11-2023 04:58 PM
Jade_Freeman
Frequent Contributor

Wondering what the status of the Indoors Configuration table is?  I recently noticed that after publishing an updated map for the ArcGIS Indoors native mobile application, the instructions at the following URL did not mention including an Indoors Configuration table as in previous versions.  
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/indoors/mobile/ios/prepare-a-map-for-indoors-mobile.htm#GUID-3A0FB692-4921...

Meanwhile, the following documentation URL contains an explicit reference to the Indoors Configuration table:
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/indoors/mobile/ios/configure-device-tracking.htm

Jade_Freeman_0-1681256541659.png

While I'm not expressly concerned with setting location tracking options, I did notice that when publishing an MMPK that does not include the Indoors Configuration table, the native mobile app will use a seemingly arbitrary base map when zoomed out past the extent of the vector tile base map included in the map.  If I include our Indoors configuration table, the native app will use the base map specified in the Indoors Configuration table:

Jade_Freeman_2-1681257190695.png

The other setting from the Indoors configuration table I'm curious about is the INDOORSWEB_URL:

Jade_Freeman_3-1681257259464.png

Does this have any bearing on sharing url's sent from the mobile app?  What if the intended recipient is a web user, how would you configure this using the most recent documentation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @Jade_Freeman .. over the past several releases, similar to the Categories table, the configurations defined in the IndoorsConfig table are now a part of the map authoring process in ArcGIS Pro. The table is still supported for backwards compatibility and for some configurations like you noted above which are still not possible in ArcGIS Pro.

For Basemap: In previous releases, Indoors apps would default to the World Topographic basemap if no basemap was defined in the IndoorsConfig table. Starting ArcGIS Pro 2.9, when the Share Mobile Map Package and Create Mobile Map Package tools gained the 'Reference Online Content' checkbox, the Indoors apps honor which ever basemap you have in your Table of Contents in ArcGIS Pro. If it is not from the Basemap Gallery and a custom basemap then just make sure it is shared with the users of Indoors mobile.

Indoors Web URL andCustom Location Sharing settings: If needed, still requires to be defined in the IndoorsConfig table

Indoors 1.x apps will continue to support IndoorsConfig table, if present.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @Jade_Freeman .. over the past several releases, similar to the Categories table, the configurations defined in the IndoorsConfig table are now a part of the map authoring process in ArcGIS Pro. The table is still supported for backwards compatibility and for some configurations like you noted above which are still not possible in ArcGIS Pro.

For Basemap: In previous releases, Indoors apps would default to the World Topographic basemap if no basemap was defined in the IndoorsConfig table. Starting ArcGIS Pro 2.9, when the Share Mobile Map Package and Create Mobile Map Package tools gained the 'Reference Online Content' checkbox, the Indoors apps honor which ever basemap you have in your Table of Contents in ArcGIS Pro. If it is not from the Basemap Gallery and a custom basemap then just make sure it is shared with the users of Indoors mobile.

Indoors Web URL andCustom Location Sharing settings: If needed, still requires to be defined in the IndoorsConfig table

Indoors 1.x apps will continue to support IndoorsConfig table, if present.