Pop-Ups and floor filter in Indoors Viewer not working

02-17-2023 12:25 PM
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

Okay, so I have a webmap that I use in Indoors Viewer. It has the Facilities, Levels, and Units feature layers. I have the Units layer set up with pop-ups enabled and it works just fine in the webmap. However, when I click on a room in the Units layer in the Indoors Viewer, the box that pops up says "This item has no geometry".

What could be the cause of this?

Secondly, I have read the documentation that says to turn off the floor filter in the webmap being used in the Indoors Viewer. I do that then open the Indoors Viewer and there is its own floor filter in the app. When I select the drop down to choose a facility, there are no facility names shown but they are there.... I can scroll down and select one of the blank spaces and it will take me to a building and pull up a pop-up for the Facility layer (even though I disabled those pop-ups in the webmap...). The floor picker also appears, but it does not work. 

indoors.png

When I enable floor filtering in the webmap, it works swimmingly in the Indoors Viewer. I'm happy to continue using that, but the documentation made it sound as if there might be problems doing so?

Any idea what could be going on here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@ChristinaHoddinott1 the floor filter in the screenshot you have posted is from older version. May I know what version of ArcGIS Pro you used to create the web map and if you are using ArcGIS Enterprise then what version are you on? I have included a screenshot of the floor-filter as it appears in the current release. There could be a version mismatch which is causing the odd behavior you are seeing in Indoor Viewer.

As for the other point regarding disabling the floor-filter, can you point to the documentation that specifies it? In any case, that may be a recommendation when about to share a web map from ArcGIS Pro but disable simply means click on the filter icon (as shown below) and not removing the floor-aware properties of the map itself.

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 18.35.18.png

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 18.31.02.png

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

hmm interesting...

I didn't author the map in Pro... I uploaded the feature layer with Facilities, Levels, and Units from Pro and then added it to a new map in AGOL. (Pro version 3.03; I do not have Enterprise.) I'm enabling/disabling the floor filter in the map through the Settings tab in MapViewer. When I have the floor filtering enabled in the MapViewer settings, the floor filter in the Indoors Viewer looks exactly as it does in your screenshot.

So perhaps I am just misinterpreting the statement below (taken from this page) since I didn't publish the entire map from Pro. I'm brand new to Indoors and am still clearly figuring out the ins and outs of it all!

ChristinaHoddinott1_0-1676916714249.png

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChristinaHoddinott1 an indoor map is just like any other map just with the floor-aware property settings. You can refer Share a web map or scene for Indoor Viewer which references to share a web map in ArcGIS Pro. Do the popups appear as expected in Indoor Viewer when the Indoor properties are set for the web map in Map Viewer? The steps you carried out should also work. Is there any way you can provide access to your map? I would be interested to investigate.

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos