Select to view content in your preferred language

Import Floorplans to Indoors Geodatabase - Error 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail

01-22-2024 04:55 PM
AnnaHayes25
New Contributor

I'm trying to use the Import Floorplans to Indoors Geodatabase geoprocessing tool, using the configuration template given  by Esri and I continue to get the "Error 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail" each time I try importing this one specific building.

Every other building was imported with no issues. I checked the spreadsheet several times but this one just won't work.

5 Replies
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

I've had this issue come up as well. I think the issue for me was conflicting/non-unique Unit IDs for 2 separate buildings. 

0 Kudos
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Hi @AnnaHayes25 

Would you be able to share the Excel spreadsheet that continues to fail?

You can send the xlsx file to jkang@esri.com

Thank you.

BenCunninghamCville
New Contributor II

Hi @Jinho_Kang , I'm not the OP but have similar issues recently. Could I email you as well?

Mine ran successfully for 7.5 hours, successfully completed all the Levels and everything, and then right at the end encountered an "Unexpected Error" :(.

I'm thinking maybe this has to do with OneDrive getting its fingers into everything, but that hasn't been a problem before when I've done this large of an import.

0 Kudos
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

It is definitely possible. I save my projects and files like this outside of OneDrive just to avoid this issue. 

Side note, your OneDrive path says you're at University of Virginia. I'm at Georgia Tech. I'd love to talk to you about how you guys use GIS and Indoors if you have the time. 

AnnaHayes25
New Contributor

Hi Ben! I was actually able to find a solution that worked for me. The building I was working on was just so massive (8 total floors and a LOT of details). I split the spreadsheet up and imported one floor at a time. I only added the unit lines for one floor at a time and on the levels sheet, I changed the "process" to "Yes" for only one floor at a time and that worked for me. I think it was just too much for the program to handle at once.