Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Indoors Floor Selector in ArcGIS Dashboard or Experience Builder

Jump to solution
11-30-2023 05:10 PM
SamuelSong2
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Indoors floor selector works in the standard Map Viewer but does anyone know if the floor selector works in ArcGIS Dashboard, Experience Builder or other apps? From my experience so far, it shows all the floors on top of one another with no option to select a floor or level.

I am trying to create some kind of Indoors app with data analytics such as interactive charts and tables.

floorselector.png

indoorsdash.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Is the floor-aware working now inside the Experience Builder?

Any layers that need to be toggled with the floor-widget have to be configured.
If you do have other layers like occupants or equipment, then yes.
Please have "LEVEL_ID" (and ideally/optional correct geometry-Z) configured under the Additional Layers tab to work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

The floor-aware widget is available in the Experience Builder.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/floor-filter-widget.htm

Load your floor-aware web map -> From the "Insert Widget" pane, drag and drop the "Floor Filter"on the map, and link with the map.

Jinho_Kang_0-1701397873395.png

Example of CSULB's Experience Builder with floor filter.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/9c385c26672f42e39e21613fa4d560bb/

0 Kudos
SamuelSong2
New Contributor II

So I added the Floor filter widget in ArcGIS Experience Builder and linked the map per your suggestion (thank you!). It reads the building and floors but when I select the floor and zoom in, the visualization does not render or does not isolate the floors that was selected; all floors are overlapped. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I ran the Import Floorplans To Indoors Geodatabase using the Excel template and the floor filter works fine on ArcGIS Pro.

ind2.png

0 Kudos
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Hi Samuel.

Can you open up the source of the web map's property, and verify if the floor-aware configuration has all the layers?

Jinho_Kang_0-1701716651895.png

0 Kudos
SamuelSong2
New Contributor II

Here is what I have. Floor aware works fine on the map layer. Do I need the other layers like Occupants, Equipment, etc.

ind2-1.png

0 Kudos
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Is the floor-aware working now inside the Experience Builder?

Any layers that need to be toggled with the floor-widget have to be configured.
If you do have other layers like occupants or equipment, then yes.
Please have "LEVEL_ID" (and ideally/optional correct geometry-Z) configured under the Additional Layers tab to work.

0 Kudos
SamuelSong2
New Contributor II

No, the floor filter widget is still not working in Experience Builder.

In order to troubleshoot further, I used a sample Esri Indoors data (IndoorsFPD) to create a floor aware Feature Layer and added the Floor Filter widget in Experience Builder and got the same issues. It identifies the floor labels but it does not cycle through all the floors when I selected them individually; not to mention space data are overlapped and blurry.

Could this be a bug?

esriind.png

0 Kudos
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

HI Samuel.

Can you make the source of the web map public and provide the link?

You can also email me with the link to jkang@esri.com if you rather not post the URL here.

SamuelSong2
New Contributor II

Hello Jinho,

It was user error, I did not use Copy all data: Exploratory when creating the web map which created a map image instead of a feature layer. Thank you for all your help!

Sam