Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Indoors App Login

Jump to solution
04-12-2023 08:37 AM
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

Question out of curiosty... why is it on the ArcGIS Indoors app you have to specify the URL to login? Why can't it be like all the other ArcGIS apps? 

I have thousands of Indoors Viewer accounts, but I can't use them and will have to buy AGOL viewer accounts and use FieldMaps instead because it is too complicated for our techs to have to type in the URL when they need to log in. I know it sounds silly, but it's been difficult just getting them to be okay with using iPads in general and everything they do on it needs to be very simple.

So just wondering what the reason is!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

Have you seen or tried the PortalURL key for the config file?   That should prepopulate the URL in the app.

Configure Indoors for mobile device management—ArcGIS Indoors | Documentation

GISP

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

Have you seen or tried the PortalURL key for the config file?   That should prepopulate the URL in the app.

Configure Indoors for mobile device management—ArcGIS Indoors | Documentation

GISP
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

oooo nice! I will talk to our IT to see if that's something we can do. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Thank you @MichaelJenkins!

@ChristinaHoddinott1 while you are looking at the PortalURL configuration, I wanted to let you know that you can also brand the Indoors app with your organizations color scheme and also customize the background images if you choose to.

Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ChristinaHoddinott1 

https://indoors-conf.maps.arcgis.com/

The above link is AGOL landing page design without a sign-in requirement where the admin can "expose" Indoor Apps. Those indoors apps are not public; It was designed with an already available homepage editing tool just to showcase how to let non-gis users who only need to access Indoor apps through AGOL page.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

0 Kudos