Select to view content in your preferred language

Access to dashboards hosted in Indoors Portal?

Jump to solution
01-16-2024 04:01 PM
KadeSmith
Occasional Contributor

Is it not possible for an Indoors Viewer to open a dashboard that is restricted to a certain user group of viewers? If I log in to the Indoors portal, all I see is this:

KadeSmith_0-1705449546161.png

If I then try to go straight to the dashboard URL, I get this over and over:

KadeSmith_1-1705449630893.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

Yep, the Indoor User type is frustratingly limited. It has the fewest privileges of any user type I have seen yet, far less than a Viewer user type. You will need to assign at least a Viewer level license for anyone that you want to view Dashboards.

Or you can share it with everyone and then it doesn't matter what license type anyone has 🙂

GISP

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

Yep, the Indoor User type is frustratingly limited. It has the fewest privileges of any user type I have seen yet, far less than a Viewer user type. You will need to assign at least a Viewer level license for anyone that you want to view Dashboards.

Or you can share it with everyone and then it doesn't matter what license type anyone has 🙂

GISP
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

@MichaelJenkins  is correct about the Indoors User user type.

Indoors User user type is specifically designed for non-(Arc)GIS users in an organization to provide access to the Indoors Viewer App and Mobile only; that way, the organization doesn't have to pay and purchase additional user types.

Users who wish to access more than their organization's indoor app (in other words, other ArcGIS-capable apps and web maps) will have to use the regular user types.