Select to view content in your preferred language

How to get on the fly processing of a mosaic dataset to persist through to rest endpoint of AID dynamic service

Jump to solution
07-08-2024 03:44 AM
MickDunne
New Contributor

I have Image Dedicated up and running with services for imagery - now trying to do the same with elevation data, but when I apply the processing templates (e.g. shaded_relief) - the processing does not persist through the service to the end point. When I load the service into a client ArcGis Pro project it comes in as default greyscale. Whats the recomended way to do this. I have spent a good amount of time trawling online documents and youtube videos. The service I am setting up is a dynamic one - very simple - one dataset in a mosaic dataset and it displays fine in the mosaic dataset.

cheers

Mick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MickDunne
New Contributor

I found two solutions - "Edit Mosaic Dataset Functions" and drag and drop the functions you need into there. Manage Processing templates is just to add/modify/create raster function chains. You have to add the raster template into the "Edit Mosaic Dataset Functions" window. Adding it via the ribbon (Data/Processing Templates) adds it to the map but does not persist through to the service because it is not part of the mosaic dataset processing chain. The other way you can do it is by saving your chain out as an *rft.xml file and then choosing at the "Processing Templates" input when  in the "Add Rasters To Mosaic Dataset" geoprocessing  tool. The third way (not tried yet) is via MDCS. 

Anyway - thought I would document my investigations for other people. I did not find it immediately clear how to do it from a wide ESRI document search, although there are many many references about the fact that you can do it, and a couple of references about doing it via the ribbon or "Manage Processing Templates".

As usual, once you know it - its simple.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MickDunne
New Contributor

I found two solutions - "Edit Mosaic Dataset Functions" and drag and drop the functions you need into there. Manage Processing templates is just to add/modify/create raster function chains. You have to add the raster template into the "Edit Mosaic Dataset Functions" window. Adding it via the ribbon (Data/Processing Templates) adds it to the map but does not persist through to the service because it is not part of the mosaic dataset processing chain. The other way you can do it is by saving your chain out as an *rft.xml file and then choosing at the "Processing Templates" input when  in the "Add Rasters To Mosaic Dataset" geoprocessing  tool. The third way (not tried yet) is via MDCS. 

Anyway - thought I would document my investigations for other people. I did not find it immediately clear how to do it from a wide ESRI document search, although there are many many references about the fact that you can do it, and a couple of references about doing it via the ribbon or "Manage Processing Templates".

As usual, once you know it - its simple.

0 Kudos