Why doesn't the showcase app template display in hub?

06-01-2020 12:05 AM
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

I've configured the showcase web app template to preview some data in our hub premium site. The app and all data is shared with everyone and shared to the hub content group. When I open the app from ArcGIS online, it loads fine. But when I open through hub or try to embed it in the page, it just appears blank like this:

How it should look:

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi Anneka France‌,

I don't believe that Hub currently supports embedding Showcase apps and should instead send users to the app on ArcGIS Online using an external link. Just to confirm, when you click and open the app while on your Hub site, do you see the blank page while you're still on the site or are you redirected outside of Hub?

0 Kudos
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

It doesn't redirect users outside of hub when viewing showcase apps. When you add the showcase app to a gallery card and click the button to view the app it opens up within the hub (as in screenshot above): CaBA Monitoring Data Showcase. It also doesn't load when embedded in an app card or iFrame card. BUT, it does load on some computers and we can't find a reason for it working on some and not others. I've logged a case with support and hoping we find a solution soon.

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the update. I've tested the app on multiple browsers and computers without seeing a loading issue. We'll take a look at the support bug and see if there's an embedding issue on our end.

0 Kudos