Update to Hub prompts ofr license to access data

Jump to solution
07-03-2017 05:03 AM
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

After updating Open data to Arcgis Hub, one of our customers data is now not accessible, since it asks them to license the data set??

"This dataset does not have a licens. Please assign a license to the related element" this is loosly translated from Danish 😉

Any thoughts?

/Lars

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Lars, 

The lack of license should prompt a warning in the data manager, but the dataset should still be accessible on the open data site. We do encourage adding licenses to the dataset - they can add a license in the Access and Use Constraints section of the dataset's ArcGIS Online item. 

Courtney

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Lars, 

The lack of license should prompt a warning in the data manager, but the dataset should still be accessible on the open data site. We do encourage adding licenses to the dataset - they can add a license in the Access and Use Constraints section of the dataset's ArcGIS Online item. 

Courtney

0 Kudos
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for your answer, which was the solution for our customer :-). 

It makes a lot of sense to have this kind of "Metadata" on open data, even though the error mesage threw me in a completely different direction in my investigation with the word "License", which, to me, does not make any sense calling it..

But anyway thanks again! 🙂

/Lars 

0 Kudos