Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to remove labels from dataset on open data hub site

3 weeks ago
Anne_Tetley
New Contributor

Hi,  

I have a dataset on our open data site and there seems to be some json controlling the labelling that I'm not able to override or edit.    This dataset is currently labelled with "{non_type_2}" which is a field name for an attribute field that no longer exists in the data.  I've tried switching the labels to ward name which is how its showing in AGOL.  But this is not filtering through to the open data site.  

If I click on the View data source button from the main information page I can see where this field is referenced in the json.. but if I use ArcGIS Assistant or ArcGIS Online Assistant to edit the items json I see the labelling is set to Ward name as I see it in AGOL.   Where is the json coming from that is producing the incorrect labels and how do I edit it?

I tried readding the item to AGOL afresh and its still there, which makes me think its in the service somewhere but I've completely removed that field, republished the service multiple times, can't see any reference to "non_type_2" yet it still persists!

The data sits in our enterprise database and is published as referenced data into Enterprise then we paste the URL into AGOL.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
0 Replies